The client agrees to the following:
- Holmes Dog Walking and its employees agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives any and all claims against Holmes Dog Walking or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Holmes Dog Walking. Client agrees to notify Holmes Dog Walking of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
- Holmes Dog Walking cannot be responsible for pets that bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty fencing or from inside the home due to faulty screens, doors, etc.
- Holmes Dog Walking cannot be responsible for any complications pets may suffer or actions of pets while they are unattended.
- Holmes Dog Walking or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed Holmes Dog Walking to allow outside while sitter is not there. This includes pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets.
- The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on their vaccinations. Client agrees to reimburse Holmes Dog Walking for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care and lost wages) associated with contracting any ailments while exposed to pet(s).
- All pets with electronic fences must wear their collars with fresh batteries. Holmes Dog Walking is not responsible for any animals that get out or inside of perimeter.
- Holmes Dog Walking will not sit for acutely ill animals or those with uncontrolled medical conditions. We suggest the pet be boarded with a vet.
- Holmes Dog Walking does not accept aggressive animals. Client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, attorney fees, etc) if client’s pet should bite another person or animal.
- Holmes Dog Walking will not walk unruly or untrained dogs or dogs that choke themselves on their lead. All pets must be walked on a lead, Unless prior agreement, and letter signed by owner saying pet to be allowed off lead.
- Holmes Dog Walking does not diagnose, prognose, or make therapy decisions, nor does it offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian.
- Client authorises Holmes Dog Walking to obtain the services of a locksmith should a key/garage opener malfunction. Client is responsible for all charges.
- Client is responsible for making arrangements for snow removal. Visits may not be made in snow covered driveways and/or walkways because of safety concerns.
- Job sharing is not covered under our insurance. We can not be responsible for your pet or home if another service provider enters your property while we are not there.
Cancellations must be received within 48 hours of scheduled visit or a cancellation fee of £25 will apply. Holmes Dog Walking reserves the right to deny service or terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
Business and visiting hours fall between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. and services are usually completed during this time unless we are behind schedule. Holmes Dog Walking will not accept time specific calls as we can not guarantee specific times accurately. A three hour window is acceptable.
Bad Cheque Policy:
A £15 fee is assessed on all returned cheques. All fees are due promptly and must be paid via money order or cash only.
- Client agrees to authorise Holmes Dog Walking to handle any emergencies that may arise. Holmes Dog Walking will make every effort to contact client, however client gives Holmes Dog Walking authority to act in the pet’s/home’s best interest and be available at an hourly rate of £15
- Holmes Dog Walking requires you to have a responsible party to take care of your pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as illness and in the event of inclement weather or a natural disaster. It is best your emergency contact is a neighbour so they can reach your home. Holmes Dog Walking is not responsible for pets in these circumstances.
Payment is expected before services are rendered. In the event of additional unforeseen visits or other costs (such as food, supplies, or vet fees), payment is expected within 5 days of the completion of services or a late charge of £10 will be applied.